Quiltshow "Pour l'Amour Du Fil" (1)

 Going to this quiltshow is something I long for every year. As it is during my school break, my family and I go there for a week, find a comfortable place on the coast so that we can enjoy both the quiltshow and the region.

 We never miss going to the fish market in the morning as we love fish and oysters.

 The region is very nice with thatched houses in certain areas but what I like most is the coast. We all like hiking along coastal trails whatever the weather! And in between heavy April showers we had cold but beautiful weather ;-)


Discovering Nantes was also a great activity. But for me what was important was the quiltshow. .


As usual there was many tempting booths... but I wasn't there for that and I have been very reasonable...
This year, the quiltshow was, for me, the place to see beautiful exhibitions, meet artists I admire and take classes with them. But not only that....
It was also the opportunity to meet quilting friends. I was happy to see Corinne again and her beautiful quilts designed by Yoko Saito. I am always impressed by her amazing work!






I  met several bloggers who post a comment from time to time... really fun.

This quiltshow is unique because it is such a friendly place, where like-minded people share their passion. The best image to show this is this one : Lynette was at Cécile's booth learning with her crochet, a friendly and fun moment which shows what the atmosphere was at the quiltshow.


Well, now let's start our trip around the quilting world! Are you ready to embark ?

... to be continued...

Comments

  1. Tu as du passer une semaine reposante avec ta petite famille sur la côte Nantaise....... et surtout le rêve prendre un cours avec Reiko.......Montre nous vite pour celles qui furent bloquées à la maison les expos.......
    Isaderana ta joliment gâtée avec ce magnifique porte ciseaux......
    Bonne reprise pour demain....
    Amicalement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky for you to be able to visit Nantes, it's a dream one day to go there myself. Lovely to see Isa, an accomplished needlewoman! Love the pictures too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures of Nantes, what a beautiful holiday home you stayed in. Isa is such a talented lady! That is a precious photo of her and Reiko. I am still admiring the paint work on your holiday home!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment