Tea time

It's been raining for a long time and I thought that a lovely British tea time would be just perfect, don't you think ? So, I baked scones, got the jam I had in the fridge, replaced the clotted cream (which can't be found in France) by some butter... and enjoyed the moment with my wife.



The good news is that I have completly finished the pre-stitching for CA Wells's class. It's going to be really nice! All her projects are very elegant. I'll show them to you as soon as they are finished.

So, now I will resume piecing the last blocks of the Mystery Quilt. Two more to go and I can start piecing the top together. I must hurry as the fall break is almost over and I'll be very busy at work until Christmas and therefore will not have as much time for stitching and quilting...unless I sleep 4 hours a night!!!! But there's this voice in my mind repeating "Don't even think about it!" ;-)

Until later,

Comments

  1. oh!!! je m'inviterais volontiers à ce tea time :-) !
    J'espère que tu pourras nous faire un reportage de ta classe CA Wells à Londres. Je comprends ton enthousiasme face à cet évènement !
    Je n'ai malheureusement pas obtenu de potion magique pour allonger nos journées...quel dommage !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huuuuuuuum ! ça sent bon... moi aussi, je participerais volontiers à ce tea time.
    J'ai hâte que tu nous montres tous tes projets de broderie avec CA Wells et ton quilt : Encore de jolies merveilles à admirer. Vite, des photos... :-))
    Bisxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the pre-stitching - I'll look forward to seeing your finishes after you've been to London. The scones look very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well David this is not good enough, I would like to see your pre-stitching now!! LOL. Not long now your class, have a great time.

    Love the look of your scones, have you try Lady Grey?, its fabulous, my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. j'adoooore les scones, avec de la confiture d'abricots maison, un régal!et puis ils sont si vite faits!...bon petit thé alors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious scones, and it's always time for a nice cuppa.
    Don't work too hard...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi David. I have just discovered your blog and it is really great. I am so happy to find that I am not the only man stitching in this world :-)
    I am married as well, father of 2 kids. Am stitching mainly countryside and mountain themes but i am far to be as good as you are in stitching and creating ! All the best and keep on doing such a good job ! Olivier

    ReplyDelete
  8. and I am now one of your proud followers.. By the way, I can't see how you learned quilting (exept in courses? Did you used books ? If yes, any suggestion would help ! Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to meet you Olivier! Welcome to this wonderful world of needle and threads.
    For quilting tips, send me an email and I'll try to tell you how I learnt quilting (in English or in French, it's up to you! Just let me know)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mais quel joli blog ! Je suis bien contente de l'avoir découvert, grâce au message que tu as laissé chez Marie-Claude (Les secrets de Marie).
    Je m'en vais le ranger soigneusement pour pouvoir y revenir, le plus souvent possible. Ici, tout est absolument délicieux !
    J'espère que tu ne m'en voudras pas de t'écrire en français. Je lis l'anglais mais j'ai peur de ne pas être à la hauteur pour ce qui est de m'exprimer dans cette langue !
    A très bientôt. Amicalement,
    Sylvie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment